Many people get a massage to relax and reduce their stress caused by daily life, but massages aren’t just great for relaxation. They also help with relieve the symptoms of many medical issues and lifestyle choices. Here are just a few of the ways massage can help you and improve your health.
* Relaxation and stress relief. Stress can cause everything from the common cold, weight gain and even heart disease. Massage can help!
* Improvement of blood circulation. When this improves, your cells are nourished and your muscles can relax
* Relief for tight muscles caused by sitting too much and not moving around during your day
* Relief of nerve compressions caused by tight muscles
* Increased flexibility and range of motion
* Softening of scar tissues and faster healing of muscle tears
* Helps you to fall asleep and stay asleep
Massage therapy helps people with a variety of physical problems. By relieving muscle tension, nerve compressions, and increasing joint space people generally report reduced pain and increased range of motion.
Massage also increasesentire body needs oxygen and nutrients but it’s important that oxygen can get to your muscles. If enough oxygen doesn’t get to your muscles, you’ll start to experience some muscle pain tightness, and cramps. The circulatory effects of getting a massage may also even help inflammation problems you may have, such as arthritis or edema.
Massage is a wonderfully relaxing experience. While providing relaxation, it can also lower the heart rate, respiratory rate, and blood pressure. Not only that, but it boosts the immune system, and decreases the physical and even the mental toll of ongoing stress.
Be sure to tell your therapist about your health goals to get the right custom designed massage treatment for you.